Create a Lasting Relationship with Your Canine
Welcome to All–Star Canine Class. We are committed to helping you create a positive and lasting relationship between you and your dog. Many behavior problems can be prevented or solved with positive, consistent training and socialization. All–Star Canine Class teaches you how to train your dog to watch you, sit, go to your bed, behave on a leash and more. We also have a problem solving “parent class."
- Classes meet once a week for six weeks.
- Each class lasts about an hour.
- First class is orientation; please do not bring your dog.
- Course fee is $125.
- A $30 discount is given if you adopted from the MD SPCA.
- Low income vouchers are available. To qualify for a low-income voucher, you should earn less than $25,000 annually or household earnings should be less than $42,000 a year. Proof of income is required and can be based on last year's income tax form, Social Security Disability, all W-2 forms for the family, Section 8, Free Lunch, Food Stamps, VA Disability, AFDC, WIC or Pay Stub. Complete our Low Income Verification Form and submit it to Amie Glasgow at the MD SPCA.
- Classes are for dogs age four months and older.
We are now accepting applications for classes beginning on the date(s) listed below. Register online! The six-week course runs about an hour each week, unless noted. Classes are held outside even in chilly weather. Please dress appropriately so you will be comfortable. On rainy or extremely cold/hot days, we will be indoors.
- Tuesdays at 6 p.m., starting May 7
- Wednesdays at noon, starting May 22
- Sundays at 1:15 p.m., starting Jun. 16
- Mondays at 6 p.m., starting Jun. 24
- Sundays at noon, starting Jul. 7
- Tuesdays at 6 p.m., starting Jul. 16
- Wednesdays at noon, starting Jul. 31
- Sundays at 1:15 p.m., starting Aug. 11
- Mondays at 6 p.m., starting Aug. 19 (skipping Sep. 2 for Labor Day)
- First class is orientation; held in the adoption center please DO NOT bring your dog.
- Course fee is $125. (A $30 discount is given if you adopted from the MD SPCA.) Low income vouchers are available.
- Classes are for any fully vaccinated dogs, four months and older that is people and dog friendly
- Bring treats that your dog loves to every class.
- All dogs should be wearing a buckle collar attached to a 4’-6’ foot leash. Retractable leashes, prong and choke collars, chains and ropes are not allowed.
- Special collars and harnesses will be available for sale at class.
- Any dog who is ill or presents a potential danger to people or other dogs, or whose owner is abusive in class, may be asked not to participate, at the instructor’s discretion.
- No refunds will be made after the start of class. If there is an unforeseen emergency, please contact the instructor.
How to Register for All-Star Canine Class
- Complete the online registration form.
- You will receive a confirmation email or call once registration is complete.
- Your place will be reserved in the class only after payment is received.
Alternatively, an All-Star Canine brochure and registration pack, which includes the registration form, can be downloaded.
For more information, email Amie or call her at 410-235-8826, ext. 151.